Xoads Helper Application

Discussion in 'Helper Application' started by Xoads, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    #1 Xoads, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Current Rank (must be at least donor): Elite

Current Mine and Prestige rank: Mine Z , prestige 7 (200b in bank)

Discord: Xoads#8310

Timezone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)

Why do you want to be staff in the Rapz Prison community?
    I want to become staff on the Rapz Prison server for a couple reasons. Though I did start maybe a couple weeks to a month ago, I really enjoy this server, and frankly I have had a lot of free-time especially with summer coming up. I also like helping people in general and I have a positive attitude when it comes to server moderating. I also do have a lot of experience with moderating on other smaller servers.

What have you done to already help the server?
    What I have done to help the server is invite my friend to the server, a couple weeks ago, and he very much enjoyed the server and I would do the same for other people. I also have been active on the server which can help some people on the staff team. I have and will be leaving feedback on other applications for youtuber/helper on the forums and I will continue to be active in-game and on forums. I inform new players of commands such as autosell, fly, and how to vote.

How can the server benefit from you being staff?
    The server can benefit from me being staff because I would be a very active Helper, again, and I would be there to respond to any sort of players questions, problems or concerns. I am aware that this is pretty basic but it is a strong HELPER and things can change if promoted.

What do you think being staff is about?
    I think staff is about being helpful, being active, and just adding another positive player to the server. I also believe that staff are examples like high schoolers to middle schoolers and that whatever we do people would want to be like us. Being a staff member means also being a team-player and having critical thinking to solve conflicts or situations between players. Finally I believe that being staff is not completely about banning hackers and muting spammers.

What is your greatest strength?
    My greatest strengths are, helping out and being active, which is what every helper should do. I also have skills with typing with a nice accurate speed which could help with quick-reacting in particular situations. I have a bit of experience with essential commands (not the plugin) which could again, help in certain conflicts. I am very friendly and at the same time I would take the job very seriously.

What is your greatest weakness?
    Homework and other activities like school, sports, and family events which could drain my server-activity a bit, but this does not happen often.

What is your availability to moderate server/forums/discord like?
    2 hours per day minimum unless I'm on a family trip, or participating in a real-life activity.

Have you ever been punished on the server, website, or discord? If so how come, did you deserve it, and what have you done to grow from that mistake?
    I have been banned on a server for hacking a couple years back and I learned later that there’s really no point because I’m good at the game, also I felt bad.

A player has been warned to quit spamming "Can someone give me sharpness 40 sword?" what do you do next?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute
    C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban

I would temp-mute a player spamming “can you give me a sharpness 40 sword?” because this could be an annoyance to other players which is obviously not good because we want Rapz players to have the best experience possible on the server. I would not perm-mute the player because it’s not the worst chat-abuse action that can be done and I would not temporarily ban or permanently ban the chat abuser because they have abused chat not the game, but I do think a temp-mute is suitable.

A player is advertising another server, what do you do? Is there anything else you would do that is not listed here?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute
    C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban

To add on to my response, I would IPMUTE/IPBAN the advertising player because people who advertise on other servers tend to have alt accounts or other accounts to log back on and continue advertising, and we don't want that.

A player is accused of hacking by another player. What do you do to the player being accused? What do you do to the player accusing?
    If a player is accused of hacking by another player, I would vanish, watch the accused hacker, if nothing suspicious pops up I will drop the matter. If I suspect the player IS using a hacked-client or any sort of banned client I will punish them accordingly. If a screen-share is required by the server I do have some experience with navigating through both Windows, and Mac's operating systems to find any unwanted client.

Is there anything else you would like to say / add to your application?
    I am a very active member and would be an even more active staff member on rapz prison. I love the server, and I am excited to receive my result to this application, denied or accepted.
    In this application I have not repeated myself in questions or restated my answers so I tried to give a variety of information in this application.
    Finally, I am also very
    trustworthy and reliable.
    :)
    Just a little personal info about me:
    - I enjoy listening to music
    - I enjoy playing sports
    - I have pretty good grades (A's and B's)

2. MeloCrisp

MeloCrisp Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Rapz

Male
    Hey xoad, thank you for applying.

Some of your answers are very short. I really recommend rewriting/adding to all of your sections, to show/tell us more about yourself. I would especially like to see you elaborate more on strengths and weaknesses.

I haven’t really seen you in game much, and due to the shortness of your application I can’t really give you any quality feedback. If you would like proper feedback after rewriting some of it let me know on the forums.
    Good luck
    -MeloCrisp

3. Sickener

Sickener New Member

Male
    Good luck Xoads!

4. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    #4 Xoads, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Thank you for the feedback. I have not seen you on much either, maybe our timezones?
    I also did go back and edit my application, I'm not sure I can add much more because I do not want to say the same thing over and over.
    :)

5. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    I think I am done editing my application for today. Thank you guys for leaving feedback! goodnight.

6. John

John New Member

Male
    Nice application, good luck on getting accepted. I think it's good enough.

Xoads likes this.
  7. Sickener

Sickener New Member

Male
    for your multiple choice, on your first one you said you wouldn't mute someone because they have abused the chat, but advertising is a chat abuse, and you put c... make it a bit more clear, and also the application is decent, but a bit more effort could be put in to it.

Xoads likes this.
  8. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    Okay, thanks man! :)

9. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    And I don't think I could make it more clear because that's just what I should do. How can I make that even more detailed?

10. Sickener

Sickener New Member

Male
    When staff look at applications, they look for how much time & effort was put in to it. That is one of the main points, and i think it is already quite strong, but if you put just that tiniest more bit of effort, there would be a strong chance of being accepted.

11. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    I can’t put more effort if that’s simply what I would do...

12. Sickener

Sickener New Member

Male
    near the end, like most staff applications, it seems to trail off. Just kind of pick it up near there
    Also, I'm trying to help, why are you arguing with me....

13. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    Okay, I just edited the ending questions! Thank you for the constructive criticism!

14. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    As of today, May 31st 2019, I have 800b on the server and I'm prestige 6!

15. Xoads

Xoads New Member

Male
    Today, I added a little on to my application, and I recolored the application so it is easier to read.

16. MeloCrisp

MeloCrisp Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Rapz

Male
    Thank you for submitting a helper application. After reviewing your application and taking it into consideration across all our administration team, we regret to inform you that your application has been rejected. You may reapply in two weeks if you wish to do so. Keep the following things in mind when reapplying:
    - Use correct grammar and punctuation in all of your answers
    - Include as much detail as possible when and wherever you can
    - Make sure your activity on the discord and Minecraft server are up to par

Thank you again for applying and showing interest in a staff position at Rapz Prison. Thread locked.