Mandie’s Application

Discussion in 'Helper Application' started by Mandie, May 25, 2019.

1. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female
    #1 Mandie, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Username: MandiethePanda

Current Rank (must be at least donor): I currently have the Rapz rank. But I do plan on donating more!

Current Mine and Prestige rank: Z/Prestige 2

Discord: My discord is Mandie#7278.

Timezone: Eastern Timezone {EST}

Why do you want to be staff in the Rapz Prison community?

I want to be staff on Rapz Prison for an infinite amount of reasons. I believe that I can show the community and server that I can be a big help. I also believe that I can show others that I am a good role model and that I can be myself even though I have a staff rank. I know that I am very mature for my age and that I can handle situations very well. Therefore, I know that if I become staff I can show others that I’m a helpful person, because I have always loved to help others even if it’s on Minecraft. I believe helping others is always a good thing to do, and I have always enjoyed helping others because I believe that helping others is what I’m good at. I would love to have a chance as staff because I believe that I can make a difference in the server and community by making sure that everyone is enjoying Rapz Prison. Ever since I have started Minecraft, I know that OPPrison has always been my favorite game mode, and I enjoy playing it and I would want other to enjoy playing it as well. I know that I can help this server become even better. However, even though Rapz Prison is already the best I will be sure to make it even better for everyone to enjoy, and i will make it so when new players join, they will fit in right away. I believe being staff is a big responsibility and is definitely a job I can handle. I will do everything and anything to make Rapz Prison the best and if I become staff I will not let anyone down.

What have you done to already help the server?

I have done various things to already help the server such as donating multiple times, welcoming new players to the community, and answering questions or concerns that players might have had. However, I do plan on doing a lot more to help the server. I plan on doing things such as donating more, continuing to welcome new players to the community, and consistently answering all players questions or concerns that they could have. I want to do a lot for this community and I believe that I can try my best to make that happen. Throughout my experiences as a staff member, and a player, I know that being welcomed or welcoming new players to a community can make you feel like you fit right into the community and that you can get a vision of how this community already is as soon as you join. Donating for the server can also help show your support to the server and not only that, but it shows how supportive you are for the server. Consistently answering other players questions or concerns that players may have can really help as well. Even having your questions or concerns answered definitely makes you feel that you matter in the community and it even helps you understand how the game mode that you’re playing works. I know that doing things for the server and community can matter, even the little things!

How can the server benefit from you being staff?

I believe the server can benefit from me being staff because I feel as if I can really help make a difference and a change to the community. I know in order to make this happen that I need to show that everyone can trust me and count on me for anything. In addition to that, I will always be there for other people especially new players that have joined the community. I know that I can really be helpful for the server because I believe that from my past staff experiences that I’ve had, I am a very hard worker and I love to help others. I want people to look at me as not only a staff member, but a friend too. I know that the server can benefit from me being staff because I will make sure that everyone is enjoying their time on Rapz Prison. I would do so by making sure that there’s always something exciting going on such as events, key all’s, and giveaways. However, since I’ve started playing on Rapz Prison there has always been all these fun and exciting things to do. I will also make sure that they continue happening because I would want what’s best for the community and the server. I will always put the server and community first no matter what and I will not stop until I make sure that everyone is having a good time on Rapz Prison, which I know they will! I will also make sure that I use my past staff experiences to make sure that the server is safe and a fun community to play on. I will do so by making sure there are no hackers, advertisers, etc. I will be sure to keep the server how it was when I first joined! Therefore, I want people to have the same experience that I’ve had and how other players have, which is incredibly important to me. I just hope I can have a chance as a staff member for Rapz Prison! I will not let anyone down and I definitely won’t let Rapz Prison down.

2. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female
    #2 Mandie, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    What do you think being staff is about?

To me, staff is beyond more important than just helping others. To me being staff means you can be a role model to others, and I want to be able to show others that I am a role model and that I can be helpful at any given time. I know my past staff experiences can be a big help for this because I can show others how being staff really is. I believe that being staff is a serious job and should be taken seriously. I know that being staff can also be fun at times, but it’s important to remember that you’re a role model and that you need to show people that you can be yourself as staff even though you have a staff rank. I find being staff very fun. However, even though it can be fun, I am able to manage that and I am able to focus on the work that needs to get done. I find staff a helpful job for future references such as, helping you with actual things in life such as future jobs, or situations that you’re in. I know that being staff is right for me and I’m just hoping I can have a chance at showing what I’m good at.

What is your greatest strength?

My greatest strength I would say is helping others. I have always loved helping other people and whether it’s on Minecraft or not, I always found helping others something I’ve loved. I know that if I have a chance in becoming staff on Rapz Prison, I will be able to show everyone that I am a helpful person and that I love to help others without a doubt.

What is your greatest weakness?

My greatest weakness I would say is having low confidence in myself. However, even though I have low confidence in myself I know that me continuing to help others and answering as much questions or concerns the players may have will help me boost my confidence. Therefore, I know for a fact that if I become staff on Rapz Prison, I will become more confident in myself because I will be a role model for others, and I can show them how I really am if anyone needs help.

What is your availability to moderate server/forums/discord like?

My availability to moderate the server, forums, and discord is really based on my schedule. I do currently have a job, and I am also finishing up school. But I will still make the best time for Rapz Prison!

Have you ever been punished on the server, website, or discord? If so how come, did you deserve it, and what have you done to grow from that mistake?

No, I have never been punished on the server, website, or discord.

A player has been warned to quit spamming "Can someone give me sharpness 40 sword?" what do you do next?

A. Temporary mute

B. Permanent Mute

C. Temporary Ban

D. Permanent Ban

I would first warn the player to quit spamming. However, if the player decides to continue spamming, I would then take the punishment to the next level by temporary muting the player. If they decide to continue and keep spamming more, I will take the next punishment and permanently muting the player. So in my opinion, I would chose A and B for this situation.

A player is advertising another server, what do you do? Is there anything else you would do that is not listed here?

A. Temporary mute

B. Permanent Mute

C. Temporary Ban

D. Permanent Ban

In my opinion this really depends on how the situation is. However, I would chose all of these choices because they all can help solve this problem. For example, if it’s a players first offense I would warn them to stop. However, if they decide to continue I would then temporary mute that player and hoping they will learn to stop. If they haven’t stopped after the temporary mute, I will then do the next best option to permanently mute the player. If they still continue, I will then temporary ban the player and hoping they have learned their lesson by now. If they decide to continue even after all these punishments I would then decide to permanently ban that player. Therefore, in my eyes all these choices can be helpful to solve this problem depending on the situation. However, I have not seen any advertisers online and I’m not exactly sure how they would usually handle it, but this is how I would handle it.

A player is accused of hacking by another player. What do you do to the player being accused? What do you do to the player accusing?

I would first warn the player to not accuse other people of hacking in public chat. I would do so because when a player accuses another player of hacking in public chat, the player that is supposedly hacking can turn their hacks off. Therefore, this makes it a lot harder for staff to catch the hacker. However, after I have warned that player, I would then jump right into action by going into vanish and getting my recording software out right away to catch the hacker. Once I have caught the player hacking, I would then give them their punishment so they know not to hack again.

Is there anything else you would like to say / add to your application?

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to read my application. I really hope I can have a chance as staff on Rapz Prison!

3. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female
    So my application was too long haha, I have posted the rest in the comments. Thanks!

4. BeastFox

BeastFox New Member

Male
    Amazing work! +100 Good Luck I Know you'll get staff!

Mandie likes this.
  5. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female
    Thank you!

BeastFox likes this.
  6. c1rcl

c1rcl Hero
    Hero

Male
    Norway
    Nice application, I wish you good luck!

Mandie likes this.
  7. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female
    Thank you!

8. Joyner Lucas

Joyner Lucas New Member

Male
    Woah, crazy seeing you on here. I remember you from the MineSuperior Staff team. Do you remember iTwitchTV?

Mandie likes this.
  9. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female
    Yeah haha, I recognize the name!

10. Joyner Lucas

Joyner Lucas New Member

Male
    Never would have guessed you're still playing Minecraft after all this time. Definitely wouldn't have guessed the place I'd find you on would be a small prison servers website. Well, I hope you get accepted I know you have the experience for it :)

Mandie likes this.
  11. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female
    Yeah haha but thank you!

12. MeloCrisp

MeloCrisp Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Rapz

Male
    Wow, I feel like I just experienced a positive wall of text for the first time.

Points of critique: timezone. There’s nothing you can do to change this, unless you’re planning on moving to europe.

I did find slight grammatical errors throughout your application, the most prominent of which being incorrect use of “and” after a dot. If you want to find and fix these, go ahead, but I can’t imagine it would matter much.

Points of applause: you want this position, and you want it for all the right reasons. A lot of the applications I reviewed while staffing all followed the same main issue of not actually wanting staff, or at least not wanting it for the right reasons.

You know your stuff. You seem mature, well-collected, self-aware and overall knowledgeable of different situations and circumstances, and how to handle them if they were to happen.

You’re well-liked in the community, which I cannot stress the importance of enough. Being well-liked leads to positive exchanges between staff and player, and it closes the gap some players may feel between management and consumer. Being staff means being the face of the server, so charisma and positivity should always be present in some form or another.

Overall, I struggled to find critique points while I had to limit myself from writing a review even longer than the app concerning the positives :p

You definitely deserve it.
    -Crispy, ex-mod

Mandie likes this.
  13. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female

Awe thank you so much! I’ll fix my grammatical errors right now! I hope the Timezone doesn’t matter much, but thank you!

14. Tragiccc

Tragiccc Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Rapz

Male
    Canada
    I think you have a great application going here, A little issue I have is that there is a lot of run on sentences and a lot of you just kind of repeating the same things in some answers. Over all I think you are a nice guy, just see if you can cut out some parts that don't really need to be there. Also the dark red makes my eyes hurt trying to read the whole thing.

Mandie likes this.
  15. Mandie

Mandie Immortal
    Immortal

Female
    Thank you, and I have fixed everything and reviewed my application!