click to
copy

play.rapzprison.net

0 Players Online

HCFSkybridge's Helper Application

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

HCFSkybridge's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Helper Application' started by HCFSkybridge, Jul 8, 2019.

1. HCFSkybridge

HCFSkybridge New Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Male
    #1 HCFSkybridge, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Username: HCFSkybridge

Current Rank (must be at least donor): Champion

Current Mine and Prestige rank: P2, Z Mine

Age: 13, I was told by Lizardz I can apply despite my age.

Discord: HCFSkybridge#6906

Timezone: CST

Why do you want to be staff in the Rapz Prison community? I feel like RAPZ has a lot of potentials. It has a great community and good staff members. I would like to be a staff member because I feel I can benefit RAPZ in a positive way. I like working with people and I'm pretty good at socializing. I'm a very quick-thinker and believe myself to have all the qualities of a great staff member and more. I can take insults and don't lash out if I'm insulted. I'm experienced with prisons and know the basic concept of the gamemode. I'm active and I'm on about 5-6 hours a day depending on the events of that day. I've played MC for around 2 years and prisons for 1. I enjoy grinding and love helping out people. What makes my day is being able to help people in need and getting the reactions out of them. It warms my heart to be able to help out and hopefully, I get this opportunity on RAPZ. I would love to help out RAPZ and be with it when it grows and falls. The staff team has been really nice to me and welcomed me into the server and I want to return that favor to other new players. Being a staff member is a huge responsibility and I feel like I can take on that responsibility. I am non-biased and believe in being fair to everyone despite my relationship with them.

What have you done to already help the server? I've been trying to welcome players when I can and if a new member asks how to get a gem pick, or rank-up, I tell them. I haven't found any hackers yet to report but my eyes are peeled. I've been talking with players and trying to be that person that everyone likes to talk to. I've helped out countless new members with issues or questions. I have let people know when they do something that is mutable so they know not to do it again.

How can the server benefit from you being staff? With my activity and availability to help. I'll be on as much as I can watching the chat and making sure everything is running smoothly. I don't abuse my powers and I'm mindful of what would only benefit me or benefit other players. I'm mature and can represent the staff team well as well as representing that age is just a number. You can be mature but still, be of young age.

What do you think being staff is about? Being a staff member is about putting the community first and helping out as much as you can. It's about working with other staff members and also making friends in the process. Staff members are the heart of the server and represent it as a whole. You need to be mature and be able to handle responsibility.

What is your greatest strength? Probably working with communities and being social. I love talking in chat and just being able to hear about everyone's day and how they're doing. Despite my age, I am mature and can control my temper. I can deal with situations quickly even if they are chaotic.

What is your greatest weakness? My greatest weakness is probably the fact that I do have things to do from time to time and can't be on during that. Half my family is out doing a college tour for my brother and then a week after he gets back our foreign exchange student comes back for a couple of weeks. I will try to be on as much as possible nonetheless.

What is your availability to moderate server/forums/discord like? 5-6 hours a day except for sunday because I usually do stuff with my family then.

Have you ever been punished on the server, website, or discord? If so how come, did you deserve it, and what have you done to grow from that mistake? I have not been punished on any of the server's platforms.

A player has been warned to quit spamming "Can someone give me sharpness 40 sword?" what do you do next?
    A. Temporary mute

B. Permanent Mute
    C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban

I believe a temporary mute is necessary with the time depending on the level of spam. I would clear the chat and then temporarily mute them for 10-30 minutes to let them think about whether what they did was necessary or not.

A player is advertising another server, what do you do? Is there anything else you would do that is not listed here?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute
    C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban

I believe a Permanent Ban is necessary here as they chose to come on your server and try and steal your players which you got legit. If they believe they can come onto a server and steal players that the owners worked hard for they shouldn't be allowed on RAPZ.

A player is accused of hacking by another player. What do you do to the player being accused? What do you do to the player accusing?

If the player was spamming that they are hacking I would punish them accordingly and then watch the person to see if the report was valid.

Is there anything else you would like to say / add to your application?

Nope, that's all! Thanks for taking the time to read my application. If the color scheme isn't good or it hurts your eyes let me know in the comments and I'll change it.

2. Oli

Oli New Member

Apr 23, 2019
    Male
    It's an alright application.

I would like to see more details added however.

Wish you good luck.

3. VorteXSh0tz

VorteXSh0tz Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Rapz

Jun 20, 2019
    Male
    Thank you for your interest in applying for staff! My tip for you would be looking at other staff members accepted applications and try to include as much detail as they did. Your application kind of lacks detail at this point and would suggest adding quite a bit more. Best of luck!

PulseGotBands likes this.
  4. HCFSkybridge

HCFSkybridge New Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Male
    I added more detail to Why do you want to be staff? section. I realized that I read Timezone as Twitter and put my Twitter. I changed it to my timezone :) Thanks for the help on my detail!

5. Adaptness

Adaptness New Member

May 9, 2019
    Male
    Decent application, just needs more detail, points are duplicated in some parts.

6. PulseGotBands

PulseGotBands Helper
    Staff Member Helper Rapz

Jun 24, 2019
    Male
    United States, New York
    Hey whats up man, for a 13 year old. I was fairly impressed with your application. But.. I feel like you answered everything the app had to offer in this particular section of your application, if you would have just split it up, with the different questions the application format had to offer. It would have been a much more outstanding application. Quality over quantity my friend. Your application had some minor grammatical errors. But that comes with your age. It is understandable.
    Now, for this quote under this line.
    This is one of the things that really stood out the most for me, this was very well put. But you put it in the wrong section homie. I feel you could put this under "What is your greatest strength?" If it was in the section I have just listed, it would have more relevancy to this application, again another minor mistake
    "I've been trying to welcome players when I can and if a new member asks how to get a gem pick, or rank-up, I tell them. I haven't found any hackers yet to report but my eyes are peeled." This is not enough for this section. I feel you are to new to the server and you applied for the fun of it. You didn't explain why or what you really did. Welcoming new players is not helping out the server. Yes it is good to do. But its not enough. Go more in depth next time for this part. This one section is what really made me realize you kinda gave up on the application, because it seemed like you didn't try in any other question the application format had to offer. I'm sorry my friend but, I personally feel like you could do a completely better job on this application.

But don't take what I said to heart. Its constructional criticism. Just do better the next time you apply. If you ever do apply again. Best of luck my man. I'm just disappointed.

7. HCFSkybridge

HCFSkybridge New Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Male
    I'm not the best at thinking and writing down all of what I have to offer. You ever lie in your bed and think of things you could've down or written that would've been better but you can't go back down to your computer and fix it. That's kind of like me. I'm trying to think of good things to write on this application that really defines me. I understand your disappointment and trust me I'm disappointed too. I really want this position badly and there's no way to describe what I would do for it. I try to help out in any way I can. I edited and added a bit more to the What can I do? question. Thank you for your help!

8. MeloCrisp

MeloCrisp Admin
    Staff Member Admin Rapz

Apr 21, 2019
    Male
    Thank you for submitting a helper application. After reviewing your application and taking it into consideration across all our administration team, we regret to inform you that your application has been rejected. You may reapply in two weeks if you wish to do so. Keep the following things in mind when reapplying:
    - Use correct grammar and punctuation in all of your answers
    - Include as much detail as possible when and wherever you can
    - Make sure your activity on the discord and Minecraft server are up to par

Thank you again for applying and showing interest in a staff position at Rapz Prison. Thread locked.

Feel free to message MeloCrisp#8496 on Discord for a more detailed reason as to why you were denied.