Astro's Helper App

Discussion in 'Helper Application' started by astronomize, May 14, 2019 at 12:31 AM.

1. astronomize

astronomize New Member

Male
    #1 astronomize, May 14, 2019 at 12:31 AM
    Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM
    Username: astronomize

Current Rank (must be at least donor): donor
    Current Mine and Prestige rank: Mine Y, Prestige 1

Age: 12(although I'd say I'm somewhat mature for my age) and I am turning 13 soon.

Discord: astronomize#5015

Timezone: GMT-6

Why do you want to be staff in the Rapz Prison community?
    I would like to be staff on RapzPrison because I love the community and I would say I am passionate and loyal to the community. I would like to be a part of the staff team because I know I could have an opportunity to have a positive impact on the community!

What have you done to already help the server?
    I haven't been a member for long, but in the short amount of time, I did play on I bought a rank and tag, as well as help out some other players in need. Again, I didn't have much time to do much, but I do plan on helping out as much as I can in the future! ^^

How can the server benefit from you being staff?
    I'm pretty active on Minecraft and discord, and I can be active on the forums(although at the moment I'm pretty much just checking up every once in a while), Pretty much a guarantee I'll be on every day for at least an hour. I also have lots of experience with prison servers and lots of other types of servers! I would say I am somewhat nice and I try to be as helpful and positive as possible!

What do you think being staff is about?
    Reading other peoples' staff applications(yes I read other peoples' staff applications), they are all passionate about joining the staff team and I find that I feel the same way. Passionate about the community, passionate about the staff team, and most of all, passionate about helping players. I feel a staff member should be someone who cares about the community and helping members out of course. Being staff would be a commitment, of course, but in the end, staff members have a positive impact on the community and I would love to be a part of that.

What is your greatest strength?
    I would say my activity for the most part, as I said before, I do homeschool which enables me to be much more active, I would say I am sort of "chill", and also friendly. I would also say I am somewhat professional, or at least try to be. I'm not that *bad* at being collective and I try to do things the best I can.

What is your greatest weakness?
    I would say anxiety or I don't even know what it would be called, sort of like Tragiccc's application, anyways, I feel like I would either answer wrong or say something irrelevant or even if I am just uncertain that I am saying the right thing. I do feel confident however because I can check up on the rules and everything else once in a while.

What is your availability to moderate server/forums/discord like?
    Around 1-4 hours each day, sometimes more on some days like weekends.

Have you ever been punished on the server, website, or discord? If so how come, did you deserve it, and what have you done to grow from that mistake?
    I have never been banned from rapz prison, although I was banned from hypixel permanently 2 years ago. I did deserve it and I eventually got a new account a year later and started off fresh. I have not received any punishments since and I believe hacking is wrong.

A player has been warned to quit spamming "Can someone give me sharpness 40 sword?" what do you do next?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute
    C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban

If they continue to keep spamming I would give them a temporary mute, if they continue after the mute expires I would mute them again but for an extended time(1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 7 days, 1 month).

A player is advertising another server, what do you do? Is there anything else you would do that is not listed here?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute

C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban
    I would first warn them that they are breaking the rules if they ignore me and keep advertising I would give them a temporary mute. if they continued after that I would give them a permanent mute or ban depending on how high ranked the player was. if they continue or join on alternate accounts after I would if ban them permanently.

A player is accused of hacking by another player. What do you do to the player being accused? What do you do to the player accusing?
    I would spectate the accused player and determine whether they are cheating or not and if I am unsure I would contact another staff member and see what they think. If they are hacking I would temporarily ban them or permanently ban them depending on how many times they have been banned before. If the accused player was not cheating and the accusing player continues to accuse other players I would temporarily mute them, of course, if they only did it a couple of times I wouldn't mute or punish them I would give them a warning.

Is there anything else you would like to say/add to your application?
    I would just like to say; Thank you for the opportunity to even apply. even though I am "too young", I love this community and I enjoyed the experience of even writing this. Goodbye for now!

2. Kanle

Kanle New Member

Male
    Chick Fil-A Employee - Student
    United States of America
    Hi Astro,
    I am here to provide my opinion. First off, please review the application requirements, as it says a minimum age of 14 years old.
    Also, I would advise adding more detail to "How can the server benefit from you being staff?". And also, you seemed to have left the question
    "What is your availability to moderate server/forums/discord like?" blank. Please consider my opinion as a helpful tip and not a diss.
    -Pape09

3. astronomize

astronomize New Member

Male
    oops lol thanks for your opinion!

4. c1rcl

c1rcl New Member

Male
    Norway
    Try checking grammar and adding more information.

Read over your application and try to pronounce the application word by word in your head. If it doesn't sound right change it. Having somebody else reading it also may improve the quality of your application even more.

Otherwise nice application, I would possibly add more information in general.

Look around, take inspiration and see what others write.

I know you can probably add more information to this part, most applications are pretty much the same around this part but try finding something that makes you stand out.

astronomize likes this.
  5. astronomize

astronomize New Member

Male
  6. astronomize

astronomize New Member

Male
    I did some small changes and hopefully, it looks more readable!

7. MeloCrisp

MeloCrisp Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Rapz

Male
    Hey astronomize, thank you for applying to the staff team. I have a few concerns which I'm going to point out.

You do not meet the age requirement. Sadly there's nothing to be done about this, I've been there myself 6 years ago, and I know it sucks.

You have yet to prestige, which shows me that you haven't spent an overwhelming amount of time on the server as of yet. While this isn't necessarily negative, it will lead to knowledge gaps in case of you being accepted.

Please expand the greatest strength section, talking about yourself is the best way to show us how you would be as staff.

If you want a more in depth analysis of your application feel free to message me on discord. Other than that, good luck.
    -MeloCrisp

astronomize likes this.
  8. astronomize

astronomize New Member

Male
    Noted, thanks for your opinion.

9. astronomize

astronomize New Member

Male
    Also, what even is your discord?

10. MeloCrisp

MeloCrisp Moderator